The Great Project

If ever you are worried about anything that is happening at home you should always tell an adult you trust.

This might be a teacher at school, a midday supervisor, a teaching assistant or even a family member.

It is important to remember though that they might not be able to keep what you tell them a secret, they may have to tell another adult to make sure that you are safe.

We have listed some telephone numbers and websites that you can also visit to get help and information.

Talking to someone you trust can help with feelings of confusion

ChildLine can provide support to children up to 19 years old. The website has games, videos and a chat service with an adult who can give advice and support.

The Hideout is a website supporting children and young people who are living with domestic violence or who want to support a friend in this situation. The website has videos and games, and you can also look around a virtual refuge to find out more information.


 0800 1111

ChildLine is a free service that provide phoneline help and support to children up to the age of 19.


The Police should be called in an emergency.

 0808 800 0340

Women's Aid offer information and support. They also offer safe houses called refuges for women and children. These houses are shared houses and women and children get support from support workers and other women and children in the refuge.

 0808 801 0327

Mens Advice Line offers phoneline support to men experiencing domestic violence and can provide information about safe houses for men.

  0800 999 5428

National LGBT Domestic Abuse helpline is a helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered survivors of domestic abuse. 


 0800 599 9247

Karma Nirvana  offers help and support to people who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing honour based abuse, including forced marriage.